By purchasing any Emmo Inc products or other brand items sold by Emmo Inc, the customer agrees to the policies and procedures outlined below.
Eligibility of warranty is subject to Terms and Conditions.
The warranty is extended to the original owner with the original purchase paperwork, and does not cover the purchase of products sold by Emmo Inc that is not an electric bike, electric scooter ebike, electric motorcycle style ebike, or electric mobility scooter.
The warranty period is as follows:
Frame: 2 years (up to 4000km)
Motor: 2 years (up to 4000km)
Controller: 1 year (up to 4000km)
Battery & Charger: 6 months
Other components: 1 year (up to 4000km)
Scooter Style E-Bikes, Motorcycle Style E-Bikes, Mobility Scooters
Frame: 2 years (up to 6000km)
Motor: 1 year (up to 6000km)
Controller: 1 year (up to 6000km)
Battery & Charger: 6 months
Other components: 1 year (up to 6000km)
The warranty covers any manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship.
- The manufacturer's comprehensive warranty does NOT cover such parts including, but not limited to: seats, plastic housings and shrouds, pitting, scratches and chips, brake pads, tires, tubes
- Damage due to lack of maintenance, accident, misuse or abuse is NOT covered by the comprehensive warranty..
- Damage incurred from water, road salt, and other foreign debris or chemicals is NOT covered by the comprehensive warranty.
- The labour of any warranty repair will be covered by the original store that the bike was purchased from only when it is being repaired at said store. The parts will be covered by Emmo Inc.
- Batteries and chargers have a 6-month warranty provided they are used and maintained as instructed and not subjected to freezing temperatures.
Certain conditions that may limit or completely void the warranty of your e-bike are:
- Altering the ebike from its original design or its intended use, eg: pulling a trailer, as a delivery vehicle or any commercial use.
- Service or replacement of parts not performed by an authorized Emmo dealer/e-bike technician.
Warranty - Purchased Parts*
This warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship of the bike's parts. If any issues arise within 90 days of purchase, Emmo will repair or replace the defective part(s) free of charge.
The warranty DOES NOT cover
- Normal wear and tear, intentional damage, or
- Damage caused by improper use, lack of maintenance, accident or abuse.
- Damage incurred from water, road salt and other foreign debris or chemicals.
All covered items must have a valid warranty sticker. For Lithium models, the chargers must match the lithium batteries. Emmo is not responsible for any damage resulting in using another brand or voltage of charger or using an Emmo item with items that are not sold by Emmo Inc.
The labour of any warranty repair will be covered by the original store that the part was purchased from only when it is being repaired at said store. For repairs that are done on items that are not from Emmo Inc, the warranty coverage does not apply.
*As the warranty policy and coverage may vary among Emmo dealers. Please consult your local Emmo dealer for more details of the parts warranty policy.
Please consult your Emmo dealer for more details of the extended warranty plan.
- 1-Year Extended Warranty: The extended warranty plan is an extension to the comprehensive manufacturer warranty. It covers nearly all items covered under the comprehensive manufacturer warranty, except for batteries. It follows the same terms and conditions as the comprehensive manufacturer warranty.
For Lithium models, the chargers must match the lithium batteries. Emmo is not responsible for any damage resulting from using another brand or voltage of charger.
Emmo Inc is not responsible for items modified from its intended use or purpose resulting in damage to the ebike or injury to the customer or third party.
Warranty Claim Procedures
A valid proof of purchase is required for any warranty claim.
In the event of any defect or malfunction, please contact the authorized Emmo dealer where you purchased the bike or our customer support team immediately. You can also submit a warranty claim online by filling in the warranty claim form.
After reviewing the information submitted, Emmo will determine warranty eligibility. In the event Emmo determines a covered component is defective, Emmo will, as your sole and exclusive remedy and in Emmo’s sole discretion: (a)Repair the defective covered component free of charge with new or refurbished parts; or (b) replace the defective covered component with a refurbished one; or (c) replace the defective covered component with a new component.
Further inspection may be needed before determining the warranty eligibility, or the broken component may need to be repaired by Emmo. In these cases, you are required to bring the part/bike to your Emmo dealer as instructed. If you are not able to bring the bike/part to the location you purchased from, you may be required to ship the item and a copy of your purchase paperwork to Emmo before receiving a replacement item. You are responsible for shipping to Emmo Inc.