The throttle does not work and the brake light is on?
All motorcycle style e-bikes are designed with a kickstand kill switch. If the side kickstand is down, the throttle will not work and the brake light will be on. Kick up the side kickstand when you are ready and see if the throttle is working or not.
For all e-bike models, the brake sensors(switches) will also kill the power when they are activated. If the brake light is on, please check if the brake levers are fully bounced back. Worn-out brake pads, broken brake cable, damaged brake system are all likely causes of the issue.
The battery does not give me the expected range. Poor Range?
There are several factors that will affect the travel range of the bike:
- Low tire pressure - please make sure you check the tire pressure and pump it to the recommended pressure value.
- Brake system too tight - please consult your Emmo dealer for brake adjustment.
- Low temperature - low temperature will affect the performance of batteries.
- Extra weight carried - the rated travel distance is based on ideal condition and a single rider of 175 lbs.
- Extra weight carried will reduce the travel distance.
- Complicated road conditions - the rated travel distance is based on ideal condition and on flat roads. Stop-and-go, hills will both affect the range.